At Elam & Burke, we understand the many challenges and needs of our nonprofit clients. We help our clients develop good board governance policies and practices, and we advise them on fiduciary duties, conflicts of interest, risk oversight, board and committee structures, affiliated entities, internal investigations, and compliance with governance best practices. Our nonprofit clients also have the benefit of working with our lawyers who regularly advise businesses on labor and employment, intellectual property, corporate transactions, and litigation.
We have experience handling:
- Formation and dissolution
- Governance, conflict of interest, ethics, and officer and director liability issues
- Donor-advised funds
- Cause-related marketing
- Global development activities
- Fundraising, charitable gaming and sponsorships
- Borrowing, financing, funding, licensing, and other agreements
Whether you are starting a new nonprofit, restructuring an existing one, or need guidance in another aspect of your business, our attorneys are here to help you achieve your goals.
Please reach out to our team with questions about your matter at (208) 343-5454.