Thomas J. Lloyd III
Tom joined Elam & Burke in 2018, and his practice is focused primarily on complex litigation in a wide range of subjects, including business, contracts, banking, administrative, employment, products liability, real estate, eminent domain, and commercial paper. Tom’s clients run the gamut of private individuals to major national banks, in addition to real estate development partnerships, national and international corporations, and local businesses. In his professional capacity, he has also been an active participant in Idaho Business for Education, Idaho Gives Day, and Paint the Town.
In addition to the practice of law, Tom believes strongly in the importance of civic involvement for both personal development and community stewardship. He served for several years as the President of the Board of Directors of Giraffe Laugh, Inc., a non-profit early childhood education organization in Boise, and continues to be an active advocate for that organization. In his personal time, he also participates in and contributes to a number of local organizations dedicated to maximizing and preserving the livability of Boise, he coaches youth soccer, and he maintains a running streak of at least one mile per day since August 1, 2011 (without a single day off). Tom enjoys recreating in Idaho’s wilderness areas with his family, running and biking on Boise’s extensive greenbelt and trail systems, and partaking in Boise’s vibrant cultural and dining scenes.
- The George Washington University Law School J.D., 2007
- University of Idaho B.A. Philosophy, 2003, cum laude
Professional Activities & Associations:
- Idaho State Bar Young Lawyers Section
- Idaho Trial Lawyers’ Association
- American Bar Association
- Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program
- 2009 Idaho Accomplished Under 40 Award, Idaho Business Review
- 2012 Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers
- 2017-2018 Mountain States Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Business Litigation